Tuesday, October 17, 2017

At Me Too (And Sarah Palin)


With Little Feat honky tonk rock'n'blues
playing in the background,
trying to remember to forget
to forward-up the human noise,
and I take off my shoes
since I can't think unless my feet are free

And now that I apparently have the attention of some,
I will follow the first rule of journoism one-o-one
and make my case about what is, yes, serious tissue

In my life, I have been no angel, 
but my mother raised me to be a gentleman,
open doors for women, say please and thank you,
and have chosen to run rather than to hit
more often than is recommended by my witch doctors

However, during the course
of a long and strange life
regarding matters of the heart,
where luck has not been my lady,
I have been laughed at for wearing braces

And my doggy got run over.
And I can see us driving out into the desert
where we buried him, and the radio playing,
"King of the Road."

There's more. 
Do I share it?
Do I dare it?
Do I dare to show my hairline?
My bare head scalped?

I'm hollow, man.

Here's the news about why I am so alone: 
My first girlfriend broke up with me on the phone
while I was lying in bed in the hospital sick to my stomach
from detached retina surgery,
dreaming of many all-seeing eyes
looking at me at once,
later saying I was damaged goods

Hah, prophetic. I'm so pathetic.
These seer women and their ways

In later years I have been cheated on,
beaten on, body shamed, stalked, 
had my identity stolen,
had my genitals played
with like sex was some joke
to play a game of chicken with;
Chased out of the house
with a crowbar, like Tiger,
had my eyes nearly scratched out,
my glasses ripped off my face ...
and the joke to my boss was,
"You should see the other guy"

I kept silent, and in sadness, sighed
could barely admit a girl could do this
to my bruised black blue sky

Oh man, when I was taught not to hit a woman,
well, turning the other cheek sometimes it means
also running away as fast as I could ...
and I was quick, dead-set to get away good,
pursued by a car crashing into my truck's rear bumper
all of the way to the police station,
only to hear a false claim
that I was doing something wrong there,
when in fact the person of interest
parked behind me, thus giving the police officer
a good clue about what was really going on

And so I kept moving on
Moving through each room
with an eye on the escape route
a clever McGyver on the run

Usually, no matter what, the cops just assume it's you,
poor you, pick-pocketed, belittled, flamed by e-mail
by strangers on social media you, lied about in a court setting you,
this trial of the blood rising, never ending you,
chased out of a karaoke bar for ordering water you,
in a female snap-dragon incident this summer you,
face-slapped, punched, and generally, more recently,
treated like I was the Trumpy Dumpfy true,
his crotch-grabbing
 know nothin' bout science
or boundaries self, whew ...

But ladies (sorry for being so patronizing)
so asymmetrically politically incorrect,
all of us guys aren't like that
hideous example of our unfair sex

We just seem to be the most available targets right now
for your completely justified anger and disgust
Meanwhile, my heart is a hole, my body gone to rust

And if you for one moment think women
are incapable of the same kind of injustice
and two-way street violence that we men are, 
then may I finalize this rant
with the examples of Joan of Arc,
who I nonetheless admire,
Margaret Thatcher, no better than Hillary, see?
And the Chinese pirate Cheng I Sao,
who ruthlessly terrorized the entire nation of China
with such terrifying effectiveness and blood-thirsty cruelty,
the Chinese couldn't float a boat for a quarter-century

... You get the picture ...
I don't buy the scripture, sure,
but hell hath no fury like a woman scorned,
and you better not fool mother nature,
we've all been warned 

Not to mention numerous media characters
of evil spider women who plot all kinds of mayhem,
all very bad examples in our living rooms,
but who are loved nonetheless

Can I buy myself a broom for Christmas
so I can just sweep away this mess?

To the best of my recollection,
everything I have ever done was in self-defense
in this wild man's wilderness

But there is a sea-change now
and that's the lemonade in the making
of the current meadowlark's lemon

There is a more evolved species of male
who actually doesn't view each woman
they meet as a sex object, who listens
and is attentive and is more often than not
inspired by them ... So please pardon my fart
I am just a creature caught between two centuries
with no choice left but to create my achy breaky art

Not my choice. May we all move forward
and get right down to the fact that,
like all else in these Egregorian days,
the real monsters are pitting us against each other
so we burn our energies just this way,
so off they go, running their
 sick perverted greed-filled
hateful mass-murdering sex-traffic rackets
without notice or communal strength
to resist them ... Surely, this all could
 have been better said in a song
but I'm out of cigarettes for the nerves packets  

Please forgive me. Obviously, #Me Too,
I'm the PEE-T-S-Ed-City citizen poster child
of your sugar mountain
along the sweet and sour Hill Street blues
Bein' careful out there,
based on your pool cues

Sure, I've been a bastard
but my lovin' soul ain't alabaster
I'm a slow changing boy
into a man under the bad Master
with a sharp tongue, quick wit,
willing agent but I will run from it
since I'm weary of the fury,
your wanna have fun fits
your desire for nests and security
and your double-standard fists
as you check on my income
to see if my numbers fail to fi

Please, just dance with me once
I've grown old from this exile
and you don't even know
the half of it,
my rolling on the floor
like some settled-in textile
looking for the penthouse panty hose
dust bunnies in need
of Mona Lisa's lingering sad smile

Turn this song into a letter
let me seal it with a kiss
because I'm sure we can get along
and run into those Don Quixote dreams
riding that windmill Ferris wheel
at the bad circus of love
going home to share
the kind of equal rights bond
I'm always thinking of



No comments:

Post a Comment